HOME >>     Search     Memberlist     Register     Profile    Log in to check your private messages     Log in  
<  whats for lunch  ~  before it comes out on film |
TheUsualSuspect
PostPosted: 28-01-2004 08:18 PM  Reply with quote
fully erect member

I close my eyes. I have grown accustomed to these images in my head, and it is not long before sleep begins to take me and I dream once again of a large cave full of naked children.

They are dirty, their thin arms and legs streaked with dust. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. And yet they are quiet, their faces raised to the darkness as if they are awaiting bread and water. Then Shah Reza Pahlavi and Empress Farah float through the crowd in a convertible limousine. They are dressed in long red robes covered with diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and pearls. Some of the children move from the path of the auto, but others are too small or weak and they are crushed beneath the wheels. Shahanshah and his queen wave to them, their wrists stiff and their smiles fixed. I sit in a pilot's chair behind a large rock. My hands are on the controls, but I can do nothing but watch. I watch them all.

- Andre Dubus III ~ House of Sand and Fog.

I recommended anyone who is interested, to read this book before the film comes out. As I have a feeling it will be ruined by saturated violence and a watered down script.