HOME >>     Search     Memberlist     Register     Profile    Log in to check your private messages     Log in  
<  whats for lunch  ~  GRADE A+ PUSSY | Goto page 1, 2  Next
dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 03-06-2006 04:08 AM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

Not sure what this forum is for, but I feel stupid for posting this in the main forum and it feels pointless on myspace, so I guess this is the hot shit. anyway, I like lists. ritalin or something.
Top 5 songs and reason's why they are on the money:
The Gloria Record - The Immovable Motorist
A great son by an amazing band. TGR are one of those bands that are perfectly balanced (like boobs on a see-saw...just made that up ayyyyyyy?). I could get technical, but their songs have a way of flowing like they were written before time itself, without any adherance to any aesthetic reasoning, releasing a product that defines beauty itself, a quality not exclusive to TGR. Compared to Mineral or Zookeeper, TGR is like this weird reversal of entropy, a freak in the world of artistic pleasure.
From Autumn To Ashes - Capeside Rock
Shitty lyrics, shitty music, shitty vocals... but it sounds like it's coming from the heart. That heart sounds like a TV Set, but I'll take a pathetic honest heart over every other fake real one I hear 99% of the time.
The Bled - Sound of Sulfur
For some reason I thought the bled were going to drop the fucking bomb. You know: like when you first heard "oasis: wonderwall" when you were little and went, "Shit, what if every song was like that? all I would need then is a vagina and I would never leave my room". The Bled don't really do this, but this is one sweet song. Great vocals, probably one of my favourite vocalists around. Everything else sounds good, but the vocals make these guys.
Bright Eyes - A line allows progress, a circle does not
I remember passing out drunk under my desk and this song coming on random, and I was like...jeez.. this is that "moment" when you grow up. It's one of those song's I can listen to over and over again and think I understand, but never quite do. Normally when I get this feeling a huge bullshit alarm goes off inside me and reassures me that what I am listening to is a big hunk of fraud. Eg Coldplay, Pixies, Hope Conspiracy, P!ATD, Everytime I Die, they all fail this test. This song doesn't. Somehow I sympathise with the guy, even though he is a fucking lame dude. Just a pop song, pleasant I guess.

P.s I really like the hope conspiracy. really. it's like a good gutg with songs that sound like names for crew cuts.

Love Like...Electrocution - The truth of the matter is that I am satan, and on guitars we have the devils. this is devil music
"I quite fancy being a public figure"... BAM! keeps it up from start to end. Sound like an argument that magically ends when the dipshit you hate is about to put in his two cents... did that work? No? Imagine the rebels won the battle at hoth... same thing as hearing this song as far as I am concerned.

edit..upgraded pussy from GRADE A to GRADE A+

snoob
PostPosted: 04-06-2006 01:09 PM  Reply with quote
coontussle

as much as I love give up the ghost, hope conspiracy shit all over them.

although, I don't like this "Hope Con" insignia that they've taken on. it's hittin a little too close to "KoRn" territory.

PostPosted: 04-06-2006 04:00 PM  Reply with quote
sir_psycho_sexy868

I appreciated everything about Dagz' post apart from where he fucks with the pixies. Please edit so I can stop hating you when I really want to love.
PostPosted: 04-06-2006 05:43 PM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

yeah I agree, I really think the pixies are awesome. I just have 2 problems with them:
1)people who say they love them when they really like the end of fight club.
and 2)... yeah that's it really.
shit... that's not very good is it? that's lame. I worked for a telemarketing place like 3 years ago when I was 17 or something, and some guy there gave me all these cd's - Husker Du, Pixies (doolittle), Radio Birdman, The saints.. Mudhoney? yeah anyway, I hadn't heard any of the bands, but decided I loved RB and the pixies. Debaser.. I loved that song. yeah I like the pixies. soz.

Tom
PostPosted: 04-06-2006 05:54 PM  Reply with quote
sir_psycho_sexy868

dagz$RDC$ wrote:
1)people who say they love them when they really like the end of fight club.

hahaha, you are totally redeemed.

PostPosted: 06-06-2006 12:12 AM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

fuck this SWATVAC shit at uni is horse shit. I have 3 pieces of assessment due and make up lectures all week. STUDY FREE my arse.
dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 18-06-2006 12:27 AM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

Five more songs I think are kind of tops, because they kind of are.

Interpol - Obstacle 1

I always mention that I like this song to Interpol fans, and they alway go "BUT THEY HAVE HEAPS OF OTHER GOOD SONGS" and I agree, songs like Narc, and Slow Hands, and Stella was a Diver... all good songs, but this is the best. I try to explain this to the people that cry when I say I like this song, but they don't get it. Interpol fans almost make me hate Interpol... almost. I still love them though. This is a great song. If Elliot Smith wrote this, he wouldn't have sgtabbed himself. The music is so mmmminor, and the lyrics seem to have meaning withought that "bullshit meaning" you seem to get with depresso songs these days. "bullshit meaning" is the kind of meaning you have to go to wikipedia or dictionary.com to figure out. BAH! if you have a song that requres these two sites, then you have failed, the meanind needs to be open, yet closed.. figure? I love this song... that's all.

Pearl Jam - Off He Goes

It says so much (with the lyrics), but means so little...yet... so much? To one of my old friends, it stands for one of his coke addict friends being an underwear model. ummm. for me it stands for peers being the only restrictions for your dreams. every big step I take in life is like a fight between me and eddie vedder. I love that dude.

Sounds like Violence - I push you up the stairs

If rock was controlled by someone with at least half a brain, these guys would ROOL DA SKOOL. Honestly, this band is so fucking good. I have read review upon review of people hating this band, and it just tells me that the publications/authors are full of shit. You cannot say these guys don't have it going on. They are too good. Everything good about sweedish pop/rock shit combined with everything good about US emo/rock. Think Hives mixed with..I dunno, your favourite emo rock band. Brilliant. I will never await any album by these guys with the "I WONDER IF THIS ALBUM IS GUNNA BE GOOD" anticipation that I do with most bands. It's like Linux mixed with Windows...somehow. Supreme.Supreme.Supreme.

Sublime - Greatest Hits

I feel like I'm 19 everytime I hear this song. Reminds me that no matter who I am, we are all fragile mother fuckers, and on the flipside, kings. We can do whatever we want. This song is as honest as you can fucking want, and it was sung by a fucking stoner piece of shit. Amazing piece of shit, but still a piece of shit. If this can come from his mouth, then noone has an excuse to not give 100%.. honestly... if you can say it, you can do it. Slackers... we need more DOT COMS.

The Sinks - I just pissed in thou

not a song, but a fucking true story ayyyyyyyyy?????

Tom
PostPosted: 22-06-2006 04:51 PM  Reply with quote
sir_psycho_sexy868

Obstacle 1 has been one of my top five songs ever since I was about 15.
PostPosted: 06-07-2006 10:07 AM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

Coffee (in the espresso form) Is really really good. I love these things about it: It's been completely mastered: there is a "perfect" coffee in regards to the way it is made, unlike wine; no-one "owns" coffee - it's goodness is independant to it's supplier (pretty much). I can think of nothing better than a cup of coffee, a slice of thick vegemite toast, a newspaper and a cigarette to perform a perfect merge into the day.

I personally like a flat white or long black in the morning, strong latte for morning tea, cappuccino for lunch and a strong latte for afternoon tea. A short black should be an order reserved for your favourite cafe's, and never during busy periods. Syrups should only really be used for places with inconsistent espresso, although the occasional caramel latte is appropriate, and a macchiato can be given a rather firm erection with a shot of hazelnut or vanilla.

Soy milk shouldn't be used - get a long black or if you have to a flat white. Skim milk on the other hand is perfectly reasonable.

dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 18-07-2006 11:17 PM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

poop
dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 04-08-2006 12:16 AM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

so umm yeah... life. how about it? good aint it?
dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 14-08-2006 08:54 PM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

Pacing will
suffice.
Besides, you can
never finish what
you had planned to cross
off that list before
it lays as
pieces on the floor.

Pour yourself a
drink that you
can't seem to
fix quite fast enough,
because this
skin is growing
old and you can only stare
back into it for so long.

Why did he say that they glowed?
Your eyes are grey, you knew that. Stop fooling yourself darling.
He'll fade away like christmas. Stop fooling yourself darling.
You lay awake, so listless. Stop fooling yourself darling

Regardless, he drives with
you right beside him, and yr
cries of affection are
lost in the air: "I hope to
God that he finds them."
But he hears her and he
loves her, and he
has a little jar with a
lid and a label
"Too good for the heart."
Days pass, a
jar is just a jar and it's
small and it's
filling fast.

She feels
so fucking distant,
forgotten; each kiss ends
so strange, the resistance: so
plain. Each "He misses the point!"
or "What happened?"
Is answered too quickly
with "What do you mean(s)" or
"You're thinking to deep(lys)": a

careless approach that's just
hurting them both. But the
jar overflows and he
can't let it show, so he
seals it and goes to a
place where he knows what he
knows. But this
hell fucking shows in his
eyes that are so fucking
red and it's lonely out
here. And a question
remains: "Am I
hurting
the most?"

Now the traffic starts to bleed.
He lays awake, it's christmas. Stop fooling yourself darling.
It's way too late, it's christmas. Stop fooling yourself darling.
Can't hardly wait till christmas. Stop fooling yourself darling.

Lochlan
PostPosted: 14-08-2006 11:50 PM  Reply with quote
from the internet

ok

Thx cya
dagz$RDC$
PostPosted: 24-08-2006 05:01 PM  Reply with quote
Cool New People

My collection so far, to get a "probsclickin" you need to fit this criteria:
1) post bulletin shamelessly seeking attention
2) shamelessness does not involve shame (that is, naked pic, pic with celebrity, legitimate hilariousness)

update (2/9/06)

more to come...

dagz
PostPosted: 07-09-2006 11:21 AM  Reply with quote
registered sex offender

new probs clickin, now that I am just dagz

more to come...

PostPosted: 07-09-2006 06:46 PM  Reply with quote
fully erect member

defsclickin'
hummunahummuna
PostPosted: 14-09-2006 09:11 AM  Reply with quote
fully erect member

I think "Probsclickin" is going to take off.

http://www.myspace.com/zomgsam
dagz
PostPosted: 28-09-2006 09:23 AM  Reply with quote
registered sex offender

Myspace graffiti attack. My last google search was "sugar coated almonds". I don't like these at all, I was just trying to figure out what the Italian translation for it is. I've got a newish taskbar setup. I really like it. My laptop right next to my work computer has a slightly different taskbar set up:

I managed to snip 10-20px off the top in exchange for some extra squeeze on my task buttons. This is because my laptop has a widescreen monitor, so I wanted to really fight for my vertical pixels. A few changes to my applications - an added VPN app for uni, a network connections shortcut for swift network changes and Filezilla, not because I use it that often, but I hate the F.T.P so much that I want to make it as quick as painful as possible when the need arises.

PostPosted: 02-10-2006 02:41 PM  Reply with quote
from the internet

Thx cya
Jobey
PostPosted: 02-10-2006 04:14 PM  Reply with quote
fully erect member

oh jk
Lochlan
PostPosted: 02-10-2006 04:27 PM  Reply with quote
from the internet

OH SHIT

Thx cya
KINobE
PostPosted: 02-10-2006 04:45 PM  Reply with quote
OMG HI LETS MEET

p0p
dagz
PostPosted: 10-10-2006 02:16 PM  Reply with quote
registered sex offender

this post sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: 24-02-2007 09:08 PM  Reply with quote
registered sex offender

A new year, a new collection of good songs:

Ground Components - On your living room floor

Almost a novelty song - punchingly delivered in part speech, part yell and part tantrum. Great instrumental mix; the organs duel with the guitars in this really bittersweet way, and the bass drives it along with the really hopeless cadense. The vocals seem to struggle behind the jam in a really desperate way that reminds me of a poppy pink floyd crossed with AC/DC. It may not sound like that, but that's what I hear.

Great song, looking forward to seeing these guys live.

Sounds Like Violence - Until Death do us part

From there album released earlier this month, this is a really cool song. Andreas has such an amazing grasp of vocal melody. I'm not sure how natural it comes to him, but to me it sounds like it comes pretty damn natural. His lyrics are quite basic and childish, which may or may not be because english isn't his first language, but what is for certain is that this awkward poetic expression is an amazing intermediatry for this raw emotion that ruptures from the heart of every song on this album.

I'm never won by poetic lyrics. Language is a barrier for any sort of expression, so the emotion is in the delivery, not the words. They are all going to be construed and the more complex it gets, the more contrived it is.

Anyway, this song is amazing. Great sliding guitar leads that really open up all through the song. Constricted rythm that lays a base for amazing vocal melody that is sung so fucking well. No holding back.

Bright Eyes - Southern State

I don't really hate poetic lyrics when they are sung with a folky narrative feel. Short stories I guess... that's the structure of the narrative of this song. I'm glad that Coner is no longer writing political songs - they sounded so juvenille. This is a great new song off the live CD.

Converge - Sacrifice

I was going to say No Heroes, but I'll say this song, played with the 2 songs before and the song after. I think it's all you need to get the album.

Cursive - Flag and Family

I reckon this is the best song of the new Cursive album (a great album that is underrated by most Cursive fans I know). Some of the lyrics really stick into my head:

Your daddy and my daddy had a drink at the bar
Talking about what was best for me
Without a name or a degree,
Stubbornly holding onto you
And you pulling away from me

The most amazing thing about this CD is the creativity that comes out of the atheist theme of the album. Somehow they've tackled the theme from a completely different angle in every song. It never gets boring and I would listen to this CD once a week and get more enjoyment from it every time. The only CD that's gotten more of a workout is that Fast Times at Deep Crack High # 2 DVD that I stole off my uncle a few years.

I've talked more about albums in this post than I should have, but that's because there have been so many great albums in the last year or so. Happy Hollow, Noise Floor and Motion Sickness, brothersister, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone, With Blood On My Hands, No Heroes, The always open mouth and Sound the Alarm. I still think Mourning Tide's LP rips, Sonic Youth (who are surely going to hit struggle street soon) have some great songs on RR... Even Norma Jean and IKTPQ - great CD's. I hope it continues.

Now it's time to be negative - the lates As Tall As Lions did suck pretty bad.

PostPosted: 25-02-2007 12:52 AM  Reply with quote
New Settlement Jack

this thread amuses me